How to: Report Customer Outage
How to report customer outage
Note: For more details see the LS Central Implementation Guide.
When a customer has a situation where no users can log into Business Central, you must take immediate action. Outages are rare but frustrating, so make sure that you verify that the users cannot log in due to their network connection problems, for example. For more information, see How do I check my online service health? in the Business Central Power Platform administration content.
Internal and delegated administrators can report this outage to Microsoft by using the Report Production Outage action for the relevant production environment in the Business Central administration center. This action creates a support ticket for Microsoft with all the information needed to take steps to resolve the issue.
Once it is determined that the customer's tenant is down, you can quickly create a support ticket in the Business Central Administration Center.
To report an outage
- On the Environments tab of the Business Central Admin Center, select choose the relevant environment to open the environment details.
- In the action ribbon, choose Support, and then select Report Production Outage.
- In the Report Production Outage pane, choose the outage type:
- Unable to log on (all users).
- Cannot access API/Web Service.
- Enter your name, email address, and phone number. This information will be included in the support ticket.
- Click Next.
- In the next pane, provide details about the outage, including which browsers users have tried to log in with, any companies you can log into, and errors and correlation IDs. This information will be included in the support ticket.
- Finally, add the date and time when the outage began. This information will also flow to the support ticket.
- Click the Consent check box, and then click Report.
A support request ticket is then created, and you will see a dialog box with the ticket ID. You can then monitor progress in the Reported Outages tab. From there, you can access the tickets in the Partner Center. For more information, see the Microsoft Partner Center documentation.
This video shows how to use Business Central to quickly get help when you experience issues such as a production outage.